What is a Dental bridge?
A dental bridge is sometimes called a fixed bridge, because it’s bonded in place and can often last a lifetime. The restoration consists of a natural-looking false tooth, or pontic, that sits in the gap where your tooth once was. Crowns are bonded to the teeth on either side, called the abutment teeth, to keep the pontic in place. If you have more than one missing tooth, we can create additional pontics and, if needed, use additional abutment teeth to restore your smile.
Getting a Dental Bridge
At Poinsett Dental Associates, we use modern technology to design a custom dental bridge just for your smile. The lab will fabricate your restoration using our specifications to give you the perfect fit and aesthetics.
In general, it will take two to three appointments to get a dental bridge, but you’ll be left with beautiful, long-lasting work. We can numb the abutment teeth before shaping them to fit under the crowns, so the procedure will be painless.
Why Should I Get a Dental Bridge?
Patients visit us for dental bridges in Greer, SC to:
- Replace a missing tooth, or teeth, following an extraction or injury
- Maintain their face shape and structure after tooth loss
- Preserve the bite by preventing the remaining teeth from shifting into the gap
- Restore proper chewing and speaking
- Upgrade a partial denture to a more permanent, comfortable solution
- Create a confident, beautiful smile